Sunday, December 26, 2010

Summertime V: Santa Cruzin'

You've heard of Christmas in July, right? Well, how about Summer in December? I don't know what my excuse is for having neglected the blog for so long, but buckle up--I'm about to catch you up!

In August Ella, Natalie and I flew to California to stay for ten days, then on to Utah, where Greg met up with us for another week. It was a long trip, but we had so much fun playing with cousins and friends and sucking the marrow out of the end of the summer. We went to Santa Cruz with Jake, Lora, Oscar , and Livy and it was a blast to share the Boardwalk, which I love so much, with my kids.

This picture CRACKS ME UP. It's worth at least a thousand words, I'd say.

All four kids went on this whippy race car ride four times in a row and we adults nearly wet ourselves laughing at their reactions. Livy and Natalie were especially giggly.

In the morning we took a chilly walk on the beach. Livy, a girl after my own heart, loves to "pick shells". Lora hedged her bets by buying a packet of shells in a gift shop and dropping them in the sand where Livs could "pick" them. Oh, she thought it was grand.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: