Sunday, October 21, 2007

Enchanted Rock (part 2)

Continued from Part 1.

Here we are coming down the dome. Ella was a real trooper. She hiked all over this big hunk of rock.

I just couldn't resist climbing on top of boulders even though they weren't very big. This was a family trip so there wasn't any time for climbing. We are talking about going back with the Young Men sometime though.




To get back to the car we had to cross Sandy Creek. What a perfect name for this stream! The stream bed is covered with small pebbles and sand. It actually hurts a bit to walk with bare feet, unless you have leather feet-soles like Ella. She doesn't like to wear shoes much. After the hike we had a fun time soaking our feet in the stream before heading back home. Good times.

4 comments:

brownymama said...

I always wanted to do Enchanted Rock but we never did! And I soooo miss Fredricksburgh, not to mention Rather Sweet. Katie told me about that place the first time we went. It became the ONLY place for lunch!
Krista

brownymama said...

Did I mention that Ella looks different? She already looks older. I think it might be her hair. It looks blonder too. Wow!

Kara said...

My dad went repelling at Enchanted Rock several years ago. He had good fun until he fell and hurt himself. He always talks about going back to do it again. Fun pictures :) Kara

Leah said...

Looks like lots of fun.