Sunday, April 27, 2008

PR in Fiesta Mission 10K

On April 19th, I ran the Fiesta Mission 10k race and I set a new Personal Record (PR) of 41:46! That is an average pace of 6:43 per mile. The time was fast enough to get third place in my age group of 30-34. Below is a picture our neighbor took of me getting my prizes: a sombrero and a medal. Very nice. The secret for this race was my choice of music, Wicked soundtrack! Oh yeah! "The Wizard and I", "What is this feeling? (Loathing)", "Popular". But the very best was the last mile accompanied by "Defying Gravity". I rocked that last mile in 6:04. It was outstanding!

On a separate note, I have signed up for the St. George Marathon lottery. If I get in, the race will be October 4th. If I don't get in, then I'll probably sign up for the Top of Utah Marathon that ends in Logan. It is a few weeks earlier, at the end of September.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: