Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Bisphenol-A or Goodbye Nalgenes


The time is now here when I'll have to say goodbye to my trusty polycarbonate Nalgene bottles. They contain Bisphenol-A (BPA), which many are saying helps cause cancer. Nalgene is stopping production of the hard, clear/colored bottles and changing to BPA-free materials.

Nalgene aren't the only ones though. Many baby bottles are made with materials containing BPA. Here are some resources to help you find a good BPA-free bottle for yourself and your children.

It's a little hard for me to get rid of these bottles. Between Katie and me, we have about 9-10 of these bottles and I've had them for a long time. Maybe I can re-purpose some of them as storage containers for non-food items.

2 comments:

Jeremiah McNichols said...

Do something creative with them - might as well keep them out of the landfill. They could be small parts containers for screws or nails (could hang them clothesline-style) - I have also seen a product called Sollights (something like that) that turns them into a water-filled lantern - not cheap but a cool idea. If you come up with something creative, post photos to the BPA Reuse Flickr group started by Baby Toolkit!

Asad Tahir said...

This post is very informative and useful for those who don't know How To find Best Travel Water Bottle.
Traveling

Thanks, Regards.