Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Happy, Happy!

10 years ago today Greg asked me to marry him. Ten years! Ten GREAT years, I should say. He took me to dinner on the Riverwalk and then we took a casual stroll along the river. (Casual, HAH!) When we came to the Arneson River Theater we discovered that there was a show about to begin and we couldn't pass through. We had to walk up the stairs into La Villita, which was good, too. I mean, we were just casually strolling, right? We came to the plaza and sat on the edge of the fountain... and sat... and sat. Greg was acting a bit odd, and I soon found out why when he kneeled down and asked me to marry him. I was sitting up on the fountain and he was somewhere down way below. I bent down and gave him a kiss, and said yes. It was really a beautiful night for a stroll.

Here we are on the Riverwalk before dinner.

We went to Rudy's for lunch a few days later--can you tell I'm showing off the ring for the camera?

This is the famous La Villita fountain. If you come visit us we'll show it to you--and then we'll take you to Schilo's for homemade root beer... mmmmm... It's fun to be able to show our kids where Dad asked Mom to marry him.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

AlexFam said...

That's awesome. Happy Anniversary!

gpa&gma said...

Happy Anneviersary..10 Years. my oh my.
Thanks for the pictures. Cousin Gary loves his picture with hair.