Sunday, June 20, 2010

Like A Fish!

Ella has just finished her first season of swim team, and she has LOVED it! By her first swim meet she'd only had a few practices, so she only competed in one event: the backstroke. Can I just tell you how crazy swim meets are? I didn't grow up doing swim team, so this has been all new for me, too. Let me tell you, these meets are LONG and so hot, and there are screaming parents all over the place. I was intimidated by this first meet, and was just praying that Ella would be able to get in the pool without crying and make it to the finish line. Well! She jumped in to the pool like a pro, took her mark, and swam to finish first in her heat! The look on her face when they handed her a blue ribbon was worth all the time and heat and crazy parents. It gave her the confidence to keep progressing and yesterday, at her third and last meet, she swam freestyle, backstroke, and breaststroke in five different events, including two relays. We are so extremely proud of her.

Swimmers take your mark, get set, GO!

Go, Ella, GO!

Ella with our pals Tressa and Brian Reading

Swimmer of the Week--WOO-HOO!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lora said...

YAY!!!! Way to go Ella! I am glad that she is having a positive first experience in competitive sports. Oscar is going to love this post! Give Ella a squeeze for us and tell her that we are proud of her, and tell her that she can teach her Auntie Lo how to dive head first--it freaks me out a little....OK, maybe a lot!!

Oh, and I have been failing to mention every time I am on the phone with you, one of Livy's favorite pastimes: she likes to fantasize about what it is like to be Ella. Yes, Livy likes to parade around the house pretending that she is Ella---and from Livy's interpretation it is quite the glamorous life! She LOVES her cousin....start preparing Ella now for the crazed fans that she has here.

xoxo

gpa&gma said...

Utah Cousins love your blog. The girls are growing so fast. Love the Hat Greg. Way to go Ella. Love Natalies Cheese smile. Loved all your party and baking ideas. You go girl!

Shannon W. said...

I'm with Lora, diving in head first isn't my talent. Great job Ella!