Sunday, December 26, 2010

Summertime VIII: Lagoon

I had not been to Lagoon, Utah's premier (and only) amusement park, since I was a kid. It was a delight to be there with my kids, though I do miss the old fun house with the big slides. Remember it? Anyway, Grandma and Grandpa generously sponsored a day at Lagoon, and again the cousins had a ball together. There were a TON of kiddie rides for them to enjoy, and Ella even braved a couple of roller coasters--she even asked to go on one of them a second time.

Ella, Rinda, Lindley, and Jacob on some sort of ladybug contraption.

These boats were so old-timey and cute.

I had never seen miniature cars on a track before. The girls loved them.

Yes, they have Nat-sized bumper cars at Lagoon. I loved them when I was a kid, and Natalie thought they were terrific, too. We put her in one and thought, "Well, we'll see what she does." Wheat she did was go around and around in circles, shooting offended looks at the few kids who managed to bump into her. Oh my gosh, we laughed so hard. When we asked her to smile for the camera this is what she did:
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

AlexFam said...

The old fun house was AWESOME! and going down the slides in a potato sack...so fun!

We went private. Check your email for an invitation. Also, if you could send me Jake's email we would like to send an invite his way. What about your mom? If she likes to check in on blogs, send me her address too. Thanks!!!!!