Sunday, May 29, 2011

They Call Me Cupcaketress

So, so many cupcakes. In November I made groom's cupcakes (Here in Texas there is always a groom's cake at weddings, and it is always chocolate. If there is anything better than wedding cake it's TWO wedding cakes!) for a friend's wedding. The cakes were all chocolate, with four different frostings: chocolate buttercream, white chocolate buttercream, chocolate cream cheese, and peanut butter.

Leisa and Erika Parsons made the wedding cake--check out the center leopard-print layer. It took Erika days to perfect, and it was a work of art. Here we are with Emmie, my right-hand helper:

For April Fools Day Ella and I made TV dinners: fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, peas and carrots, and a brownie for dessert.

A couple weeks ago the Parsons ladies and I baked for another wedding--Leisa and Erika created the amazing daisy-festooned wedding cake and I made lemon poppyseed cupcakes with lemon cream cheese frosting. Yes, I am here for all your cupcaking needs.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

smoore said...

AMAZING! jules and I are so lucky and blessed to have you in our lives! thank you again for the wonderful cupcakes :) they were such a huge hit!

Kara said...

Katie the Cupcake Queen! Dang, I love your cupcakes. :) The April Fools ones look JUST LIKE the ones in the book. You are just too good!!!

Love ya!
:) Kara

gpa&gma said...

Love the up date. The girls are growing...WOW! Love from your Utah Cousins.