Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Three Times the Cuteness

While in Utah over the summer, my former mission companion Camille and I visited a third companion, Michelle--the three of us served together in a threesome for two weeks when we were missionaries in Seattle. Our first day tracting together was marked by a man opening his door and barking madly at us and by one of us stepping off the curb and onto a used condom. Missionary work is not for the faint of heart, folks!

Anyhoo, back to the subject at hand, which is the fact that Michelle now has three babies, making six children total. Yes, she has triplets! And three older kids!!! From the time I found out she was pregnant with triplets to the time they were born I could not shut up about my friend who was having three babies. All my friends here in Texas heard all the updates regarding the triplets, spoken in reverent tones of awe. On our visit we spent the afternoon holding babies, because that's what you do at the triplet house--you hold babies, feed babies, change babies, and do it all over again. As Camille so wisely put it, if you are ever feeling that your life is hard, go spend a day at the baby house. You will quickly learn that your life, with all your sleep and free time and the ability to leave the house at will and eat meals when they are hot--heck, the ability to eat meals at all as opposed to living on handfuls of Cheerios and the crusts from your kids' pb&j sandwiches--your life is CAKE.

Here I am with all three babies. They are the cutest little bugs you have ever seen, tiny but healthy. Do you see the panic in my eyes? Once I had all three babies on my lap I could not move--I was trapped in the La-Z-Boy! I was really glad no one cried (myself included).
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shannon W. said...

Today I will be thankful that my life is cake!