Saturday, August 18, 2012

Ella Turns 9

Ella is really into Legos, so she had a Lego birthday party.  Here's the invitation:
All the Lego party ideas that I found online were for boys' parties, so I adapted some ideas and made others up on my own.  I did copy this garland from someone else:
Then I left it up for several weeks because I wanted to enjoy it a little longer.  (And because I am lazy, I admit it.)  We played games--guess how many Legos in the jar, memory with matching Legos hidden under cups, and that game where you bring out a tray of stuff, study itm take it away, and try to remember everything that was on it.  I made cupcakes instead of a cake because, well, I love cupcakes, and also because all the homemade Lego cakes I saw online were horrible.


I also made Lego minifigure pudding pops using the super cool popsicle mold Jake and Lora brought us from Legoland.  Good times.  Happy Birthday, Ella!





No comments: