Monday, September 28, 2009

Here I Go Again

Again with the web-based research, again with the typos that make me giggle. This time I was looking up recipes for peach salsa (I'm all revved up about home canning and feeling saucy), which led to a recipe for homemade chili powder, which led to this:

"Cut the chilies into little pieces with the shears and put in your grinder. It could be a brushed clean coffee grinder, or spice grinder, or the grinder/ blender bowel of a brawn hand wand mixer type. Grind away till you only have little flakes."
(source:http://foodiemama.com/Cooking-from-Scratch/Homemade-Chili-Powder.html)

Blenders with bowels? What WILL they think of next?

1 comment:

AlexFam said...

That is so funny.

I just read a post at http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/
about two cake companies that received identical orders for a custom made cake. However there was one spelling error that completely changed the final product. You’ll have to check it out. cakewrecks is famous for pointing out spelling and grammar errors on professional cakes. It’s a hoot!

I’ve had a little bit of the canning bug too. Evan and I canned peaches for the first time. It was pretty fun, and not too difficult.