Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Wild Life with J & O

Jake and Oscar came to Texas--yay! While they were here we treated Jake to some of San Antonio's culinary delights--tamales, paletas from El Paraiso, Blue Bell ice cream (Groom's Cake, mmm...), sandwiches from Pam's, and "The Country's Best Tacos" from Taco Taco Cafe (Jake chose a taco de chicharron--that's pig skin, folks, and that's exactly what it looked like). To show Oscar a good time, we went to the zoo to feed the lorikeets and to Natural Bridge Wildlife Park to feed the zebras. I overcame a longtime fear and hand-fed an ostrich. You don't think they are scary? Come on down and I'll introduce you to one!

Cousins chillin' in the back seat as we began the safari.

I've still got zebra slobber on my window from that dude.

Jake's ostrich encounter--he inspired me to new heights of bravery.

Thanks for coming, J & O. We love you, and we had a great time!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

AlexFam said...

Your post gives me hope that maybe Peyton and Kaylee will be friends when they grow up.

More important...great memories for your kids! Hanging with cousins is so cool!

Charlotte said...

Katie when I was in Arkansas this summer my sister and I discovered Blue Bell Groom's Cake. Oh my goodness! We wouldn't let the kids touch it proclaiming it was "mommy ice cream." I think the two of us finished it off in no more than 3 days! Post more pics of your new house!