Friday, February 26, 2010

5,256,000 Minutes of Wedded Bliss

10 years ago today Greg and I were married! It was a marvelous day. Despite predictions of apocalyptic storms and "gale force winds" our wedding morning dawned gray but pleasant. Our sealing at the Oakland Temple was beautiful and we were surrounded by loved ones. My bouquet was a masterpiece and smelled divine--whenever I smell stock or tuberoses I go right back to that day.

People are STILL talking about our reception ("My reception, my reception!") 10 years later because it was a rocking party! We danced the night away. Our cake was utterly delicious--layers of chocolate and hazelnut topped with vanilla buttercream. It was so good that instead of sticking the top of the cake in the freezer for a year to become increasingly inedible, we took it with us on our honeymoon and enjoyed it properly.

You know, I knew when I married him that Greg was the right man for me, but every one of the 5,256,000 minutes that have passed since that day have confirmed and enlarged that understanding. I love him with all of my heart. We have had the best of good times together, and he has been my steady rock during the more turbulent moments. He's my best friend and the love of my life. I look forward to the millions and billions of minutes ahead of us, whatever they may bring.



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Hillary said...

i remember that day so well myself! i loved you bouquet. i don't think i helped much with the flowers for your wedding, we had sick rebecca in the hospital! i know katelynn rememebers, though. she's going ot be 16 in april! how's that make you feel?? i makes me feel really old. like old enough to have a teenage driver!!

i'm so happy for the both of you. next time you come visit your mom, let me know, we'll come down and say hi!

Trainer Momma said...

You guys are just such good friends. That's what I like about the Willden's. You support each other, cheer each other, like to do things together. Plus you both are fantastic dancers - so I automatically like you.

Valerie and Adam said...

You look so beautiful! Congrats to both of you.