Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Oh My Heck!!!

We won, we won, we won! Greg just called me and said, "I thought I'd let you know that someone in Hurricane, Utah has commented on our blog to congratulate you on winning the Shannon Hale contest." Huh? So I did a little investigating, and lo and behold, WE WON! To see the announcement, go to Shannon Hale's blog at http://oinks.squeetus.com/. You can see our entry here.

I am so thrilled! We had so much fun reading the book, discussing, and putting our entry together. Four of the six of us (Mandi, Jen, Rebecca, and I) have birthdays in March, so this is one heck of a birthday present for us. We'll have to throw ourselves a party, with Jell-O, birthday pie, and punch, and open our present! (Oh, the contest prize is a box of books from the author.)

Mandi, Jen, Rebecca, Debbie, and Amy, you are the best! I love you lots!

9 comments:

Debbie Walker said...

Woo Hoo! Thanks Katie for your brilliant idea and for including me in your exemplary group of women. It was fun and I look forward to the follow up party.

Unknown said...

Katie you were the leader and got us involved in this wonderful contest! Thanks a bunch! And we definitely need a party to celebrate...wow I can't believe we won!! Yippee!

Lora said...

Congratulations Katie!!!! I just read through your blog entry again for what seemed to be the tenth time, and it cracks me up every time. Have fun at the follow up party and opening up that big box of well deserved books. Love ya!

jkimball said...

So fun for you guys. I have loved her books. What a fun way to celebrate your birthdays. I love book clubs.

Kels said...

What do you win???? I didn't hear?

Daniel & Jocelyn said...

Great job you guys, it was such a cute post!!

ammae said...

You should start sending her your Christmas letters and you might win another contest. You're always so good at everything you do! Congratulations!

Shannon W. said...

Hooray for you Katie!!!

Leah said...

That's so exciting!! Congrats.