Monday, March 04, 2013

Sweet Treats

I made these cookies for a "B is for Baby" shower:
 This was my second batch of onesies.  The silver dragee "snaps" really sell it:
 The only problem with these was that B cookies had a tendency to tip over as the frosting softened.  Next time I either need lighter cookies or thicker frosting.  The "baby" and "boy" were made with royal icing and were very fragile--I was glad I made many more than I needed:
 Mmmm... Chocolate cupcakes with a layer of milk chocolate ganache, topped with pink peppermint cream cheese frosting, for the ward Christmas party:
 A dear friend threw a gala, leopard-print bridal shower for her daughter-in-law-to-be, and I made these cookies as favors.  (It was a HUGE shower.)  I did a little web-based research and this is how my leopard print icing turned out:
 I made these for our Relief Society Christmas dinner.  I was asked to make one of my favorite holidays treats, gingerbread cookies, but plain old cookies were not fancy enough for me.  I have a reputation to uphold, after all!  So I made gingerbread cupcakes with cinnamon butter cream frosting, topped with gingerbread man sprinkles and mini cookies.  Now THAT'S more like it:


No comments: