Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cold cereal, anyone?

What is it about having a newborn that makes me revert to my college days nutrition-wise? Yesterday for breakfast I ate two muffins (they were on their last day and I just couldn't eat one and not the other--you understand), for lunch a granola bar followed by some leftover lasagna a few hours later, and for dinner a bowl of rice crispies. The cereal, incidentally, was the only thing I sat down to eat, and even then I had a baby bouncing on my knee. At 9pm I finally cooked the chicken I meant to cook for dinner but couldn't because I had a sleeping child attached to me. We'll be eating the chicken tonight on salad. Hey--that means that at least one meal today I'll get both protein AND a green vegetable. Score. I already blew it for breakfast today--rice crispies are GOOD!

1 comment:

Andrew J. Mair - Author/Blogger said...

Greg Wilden,

I stumbled upon this blog of yours. This is Andrew Mair. my e-mail is mair.andrew@gmail.com
Would love to here from you.