Monday, July 14, 2008

Hey, Baby!

Well, we made it through yesterday. It was, without a doubt, the hardest day of my life. I'm still recovering, actually. We have gotten to know Shelby well through email and phone calls over the past months, and then spent a lot of time with her and her family at the hospital. Although she knew what she wanted for her baby, it was very, very hard for her to sign the placement papers and then say goodbye (for now--we'll be seeing her soon). I ached for her--we cried and cried together. We love her so much and are simply amazed by her courage and strength. Natalie looks so much like her and constantly reminds us of her first mother's pure love for her. We are so grateful not only for this little miracle child who has come to us, but also for Shelby and her family who have come into our lives. We look forward to spending time and having fun with them in all the years to come.

Baby Natalie, or "Peanut" as we've been calling her (you don't last long in this family without a series of nicknames), is a doll. She is beautiful, with long fingers and toes, perfect skin, and the most marvelous dimple! I never thought I'd have a baby with a dimple! She sucks down the formula like you wouldn't believe, but unless she's hungry, she is very content. Ella can't get enough of her. She's very gentle while holding her, and always wants to stroke her or nuzzle her with her nose. Her big sister instinct kicked in immediately, and we love all of her reactions.

Thank you so much for being with us through this adoption. So, so many beloved friends and family members have been praying for us and for Shelby through these past months, and I assure you that we have felt the power of your prayers through some very difficult moments. We feel very loved. Thank you so much.

13 comments:

Christie said...

So very happy for you.

Unknown said...

Welcome Home Willden's! We couldn't be more excited for your family! Natalie is a cutie and we are happy she is here with you. Congratulations!! And Ella is a great big sister.

Jen said...

We are so excited for you guys. She is simply beautiful and is so lucky to have you three as part of her life. Congratulations again!

brownymama said...

You made me cry! I am so happy for you, Greg and Ella! Sweet Natalie has a great birth mother and a wonderful family. I'm sure Ella is loving her big sis status! Love you guys! Ella and Natalie are so cute together. We still need more pics.

kendra said...

Oh congratulations you guys! She's so adorable! I'm so happy for you.

Ashley said...

We are so excited for you guys. What a beautiful baby girl.

Charlotte said...

Wow! Congratulations! Natalie is so beautiful and so lucky to have you and Greg as parents. I am glad to have your blog address now so I can see Natalie and Ella grow. Ethan loved seeing Ella's pictures and said that he missed her. We are so happy for you all!

Ashli said...

I'm emotional just reading about it. So glad that you are all home and dong well considering. What a sweet picture of your girls. Thanks for sharing!

TheSandsCrew said...

Welcome to the family. In my eyes there is nothing better than adoption. I am so happy for you.

TheSandsCrew said...

welcome to the family. In my mind there is nothing better than adoption. She is adorable. Congrats.

Leah said...

Congratulations, you guys! She's beautiful. What a happy family.

angie said...

Whoo-hoo! I am so happy for you guys!! She is a beautiful little girl! So, so happy for you!

Hillary said...

Hi Katie!! My mom told me about Natalie 2 days ago! I cried :) I am so thrilled for you and Greg. I remember sitting on mom's couch with our babies talking about things. Now you have another. I know it's been a long, hard road. You deserve the best. I can't wait for more pics. I'm sure Gramma Kathy is out of her mind!!

Congratulations!