Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Little More CA

We had a fun and relaxing Spring Break vacation in California.  Greg and I spent a couple of nights at the Berkeley City Club, a historic hotel designed by Julia Morgan, the architect of Hearst Castle.  I got to swim in this pool:
Pool
So fantastic!  It is completely tiled with these itty bitty tiles.  The whole hotel was beautiful, and we would have had a terrific view of San Francisco but it was so rainy that we couldn't even see the Bay.  We had planned to take a ferry and bike around Angel Island, but as we couldn't even see Angel Island, we spent a lot of time lazily reading and eating bread from Acme:
 
















Oh, my.  Rats.  Now I am hungry for Acme, and believe me, there is nothing remotely close to it here in San Antonio.  But we DO have... um... fruit cups?  Paletas?  Mexican food--we have A LOT of Mexican food.

The girls had fun picking oranges with Grandpa:

And we had a good time at the Mrs. Grossman's sticker factory in Petaluma:

We also got to spend time with some of our best friends.  Dinner and games with the Browns is always a good time.  If they HAD to leave San Antonio (and they did have to--the Air Force said so), I am so grateful that they moved to Northern California where we can still see them:
Remember when it was just us parents and Ella and Scottie?  (I know, I know, he goes by Scott now.)  Look at all the humanity we (well, mostly you) have created!

I also got to see me best friends from high school, Maureen and Kendra, and meet their newest little girls.  It stinks to be so far away, but we've got ties that bind, baby!  Natalie took this picture for us:

No comments: