Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Assorted Treats

Here are some of the treats I am most proud of from the last few months:
My baking buddy Emmie saw these panda cookies online and wanted to try them.  Some turned out lopsqat, but aren't they darling?
I made these sugar cookies for Julianne's baby shower, and they are by far the most successful flooded icing cookies I have ever made.  I owe it all to the creative genius and inspiration (and cookie cutter) of the great Kristen Fenton.
These were for April Fool's Day, of course.  When I shaved the white chocolate "Parmesan cheese" on top I really cracked up.  The "meatballs"are Ferrer-Roche chocolates (nice and bumpy), the "sauce" is strawberry jam.  The cakes themselves were also strawberry, and ooh, they were tasty. (Disclaimer:  I have a couple of very creative cupcake books, you see.  I don't come up with any of this stuff on my own.  I'm not terribly creative, I'm just good at following directions.)

2 comments:

kendra said...

You are so great Katie! I love all these blog updates coming into my reader! Keep them up!

And now I really want to take the kiddos to Disneyland!

Love you all!

Shannon W. said...

Is your real name Katie-the-most-talented-in-all-the-world?